Pages

Monday 23 April 2012

1 wedding, 2 sick children and a migraine........

Health Warning: it has been brought to Migraine Mum's attention that this blog entry may trigger a migraine.

Get in the Tardis with me, I'm going to take you back to Thursday night 1am, my house (whirring noise).......Ah! Here we are.....look! I'm in bed, asleep, and then

Child no 2: "mummy, I'm going to be sick!" Migraine mum quickly catapaults herself out of bed and rushes this poor child to the bathroom. She is expertly sick into the toilet and then Migraine mum settles child no 2 back to bed......

Migraine mum lies awake and thinks....."oh no, we are travelling 3 hours in the car tomorrow. We are going to a family wedding!! Child no 2 can't be ill, she's going to be a bridesmaid!!! Don't get stresssed, you need your sleep......you may get a migraine.....Deep breaths.......

Friday morning: packing....Packing is now a different ball game. Not only am I packing for the wedding but now I'm thinking she may be sick all over the car, her clothes, my clothes. Someone else may get the bug, so better take more clothes, cleaning products, sick bags, four different types of medicine for the children (not to mention the crate load I take for myself!!), jelly, biscuits, tic tacs, bottles of water with colour coded stickers on to make sure child no 2 keeps her germs to herself............oh, and I mustn't forget to pack my migraine........it always comes with me when I travel! I don't think it likes being left at home on its own.......

Friday evening: we made it!!!! No more sick!!!! Child no 2 is ok. I'm so pleased for her. Hang on, I'm feeling rough....oh, it's because its 7pm and I haven't eaten my tea yet.....quick order that food, I need it now!! I can't get a migraine!

Friday night: arggh, hotel said they could cater for 5 of us in a family room but there are only enough beds for 4........child no 3 is in bed with us, wriggling, and she wakes us all up at 3.45am shouting "I want to go in the other bed!!!!!". Everyone settles back, but migraine mum lies awake (again).....can't sleep....get to sleep....you don't want to get a migraine......did I pack the bridesmaid dresses?! what if I left them at home? Did my husband pack his trousers...I don't remember seeing them...I get up and start rustling through the bags to check....phew, ok, all is ok. Stress, don't stress, you may get a migraine........

Saturday morning: We wake up....child no 2 is fine and I have no migraine! wow! We have a lovely walk in the countryside with everyone. I get the children dressed (they look gorgeous!) we go to the wedding. Hang on I forgot to eat lunch!! whoops! Wedding is lovely....I'm starving...canapes, I need canapes.........oooh, a glass of champagne!! oh, go on then.......(what am I thinking?????)......

Saturday afternoon: the food is here!!!!!! ...I gulp it down.....water, I really need water.. smile, someone is taking a photo.........I start to wilt and conversation is getting harder, then a bit later child no 1 is in tears and says he feels awful......he has a raging temperature!! We leave the wedding and luckily I get a surge of adrenaline to help him.............

Saturday evening: back in hotel, all are asleep. My lovely husband sleeps with the wriggler (yawn) and.......I (yawn), fall asleep, (yawn), too, so.....tired!! I've put my body (yawn) through a lot today, sleep (yawn) will help.........and then, oh no...........

I wake up with a pounding head. I turn on my phone to see what time it is (12.45am) and the light shines so brightly I think I'm going to be sick!! quick, emergency triptan, emergency!!! I take it. Thank God for triptans........always pack the triptans..............



No comments: